- We get so focussed on the future that we forget about our past.
- Children grow so quickly; the years pass in a blink of an eye and the next thing you know they are off to boarding school and university. Family portraits document your family’s growth and progress through the years and capture sweet memories of your life together.
- Life gets so busy and stressful, you don’t think you ever will, but it’s easy to forget special characteristics, unique behaviours and all the little things that you love most about each stage of their growth and development.
- Photographs are the only way we can truly visit the past. Memories fade with time, but photographs preserve the moments and feelings experienced enjoying each other’s company that you will relive throughout your future.
- You have a beautiful, unique relationship with every member of your family that changes and grows over time. Photographs honour that relationship as it is today and as it changes over time.
- Photos take us back to a special time in our lives, they help us feel connected to the people, the places and the family history that means the most to us.
- Family photos let kids know they are loved, that they are safe and protected, and that they belong and are connected to those closest to them. Displaying family photos proudly in the home shows children that they and their families are valued and important and gives them confidence and self-esteem.
- Family photographs, like our memories and stories, are part of our family legacy, the most treasured things that we pass on to our children and their children.
- Photographs are tangible memories that we leave behind, proof that we were valued, that we mattered and were loved.
- Life can be unpredictable and as much as we don’t want to think about it, we are not promised tomorrow. At some point in time, all we have left are our memories and photos.
As a parent, you are one of the most important people your child will ever have in their life. Don’t be absent from your family photos. You can’t go back in time and fix past mistakes, but future regrets can be avoided when you choose to exist in photos today.
Your grandchildren will one day want to see what you looked like when you were younger, they will want to see where they come from and who they look like and they can’t do that with digital images lost forever on an old phone or computer.
You and your family are beautiful and unique just as you are right now. Your children love you dearly, just as you are. There is no better time to capture this special time in your family’s history with family portraits than right now.